Skip to main content

Phone and call girl

Thats not me :D
The Phone rings, Tring tring, tring tring…
Every time the phone rings, I unfortunately pick it up and the first question that shoots down my ear is “Sushant, Where are you ?”
Me: I’m at this red light stuck in a traffic jam. Will be there in a few minutes.
The Phone rings again, Tring tring, tring tring…
Caller: “Sushant, Where are you?”
Poor Me: I’m at another traffic signal and stuck in another traffic jam. Will be there in a few minutes.
Tring tring, tring tring… (And now the caller is annoyed)
Caller: “Sushant, Where the F$%# are you?”
Poor Me: Sorry lady, I’ll be there in a few minutes.
TGAIMB (Thing Going around in my brain): I am starting to feel like a call girl. (I can empathize with them)
Tring tring, tring tring…
Caller: “Sushant, Where the F$%# are you. Are you bloody stuck at the same red light, or is it that your lazy A$$ started late ?”
TGAIMB (Thing Going Around In My Brain): I wish, I never had this phone, or the car and I wish I never had ever fixed this date.
Poor Me: Yup, just there. Wait for a few more seconds.
TGAIMB: I know this bloody traffic jam will not leave my A$$ for another hour.
Tring tring, tring tring…
And now I switch off the phone. Phew!I try and take a U turn (and O that’s not possible). My left knee is aching by press the clutch too many times. And I have lost a client oops, a date (atleast for today). I turn up the volume and take a sigh of relief.
PS: Watching the cheer girls on TV was better than this date. :-o

Popular posts from this blog

Giving the finger to a scripted life!

It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age. ~ Warren Buffet. You have plans for your life, career etc. You've built an entire script but what is this based on? Scott at Ted talks about how almost 80% of the people around the world don't like the job they do. In his career, he found one day that most of the job he did was automated by his competitors. Building the resume was clearly not way forward. It was during that time he he heard the quote by warren buffet, " It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age ". This was when he left his job. While there are know universities, which talk about finding your passion, Scott talks about a lens that can help in finding the job we love.

Twitter and the world of hate - Delhi Gang Rape

Common wisdom says that venting out reduces frustration. Twitter, Facebook, and blogs help us achieve the same. While what normally starts as a "venting out" experience, I suspect is turning out to be an anguish enhancer. When I look at trending topics on twitter all what I see is a world of "Hate". Small pieces of hate messages turn out to be a big collective bunch of hate. Take the case of Delhi gang rape and some ill-minded comments of politicians and spiritual gurus. What started as scattered bickering remarks against a comment made by "Asaram" has now become a full fledged ball of rage. This rage was "non-directional", had no agenda and was oriented towards sarcasm and wit. While Delhi gang rape highlights poor governance, societal problems and problems of law and order, venting out on a forum that accumulates the frustration by many such people only adds to the low well-being. It is time we use some discretion and post messages that...

Twitter vs. News - Effectiveness in building relations

Social Media has been termed as an effective way to build relationships. Brands are trying to harness this capability by building social presence on this new media. Celebrities today account for the maximum amount of followers on the web with twitter being a fine example for this. But is this new media effective in creating relationships with this vast list of followers, which celebrities often tend to have? In an interesting research by Lee and Jang , they explore the effectiveness of celebrities in building social presence on new media. They compare twitter and a news website to check the relative effectiveness of enhancing social presence. While the traditional PR machinery used by celebrities might give them news coverage, they contend that their tweets can reduce the barrier of relational development as compared to a news website. Their findings are counter-intuitive and very interesting.