Skip to main content

Look into my eyes, Would I lie to you baby?

Music is a big inspiration for me. 'Look into my eyes, can't you see they're open wide, would I lie to you baby?' are lines from a popular song by Charles and Eddie.
This is one of my pet dialogues when I am honest and the other person I know wouldn't believe me. Eyes are an index of the heart. A popular quote by Sigmund Freud says,
'He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.'
I said this once to my girlfriend who thought I was going around with another female when I was actually not (and that's true. Although right now I'm single ;-). My eyes clearly conveyed the message and I knew that. My friend guilty of going around with two females at once tried this and failed. He ended up calling her a "mentally senile pretentious b^$@h". I felt she was the perfect female for him to stay on for life and he too repented later.
Now you may say that this boastful author (me) wants to make a hero of himself on his little blog.
I humbly accept. :-|
The case is about honest eyes and the question is that 'Is your business honest at heart or are you cheating your customer ?'
It won't be long before you end up being caught through your eyes like my poor friend. The results could be worse in B2B kind of businesses. If you are true, market that through your eyes i.e.your sales/business representatives otherwise your scared customer will retaliate (Which you obviously don't want).

Popular posts from this blog

Giving the finger to a scripted life!

It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age. ~ Warren Buffet. You have plans for your life, career etc. You've built an entire script but what is this based on? Scott at Ted talks about how almost 80% of the people around the world don't like the job they do. In his career, he found one day that most of the job he did was automated by his competitors. Building the resume was clearly not way forward. It was during that time he he heard the quote by warren buffet, " It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age ". This was when he left his job. While there are know universities, which talk about finding your passion, Scott talks about a lens that can help in finding the job we love.

Twitter and the world of hate - Delhi Gang Rape

Common wisdom says that venting out reduces frustration. Twitter, Facebook, and blogs help us achieve the same. While what normally starts as a "venting out" experience, I suspect is turning out to be an anguish enhancer. When I look at trending topics on twitter all what I see is a world of "Hate". Small pieces of hate messages turn out to be a big collective bunch of hate. Take the case of Delhi gang rape and some ill-minded comments of politicians and spiritual gurus. What started as scattered bickering remarks against a comment made by "Asaram" has now become a full fledged ball of rage. This rage was "non-directional", had no agenda and was oriented towards sarcasm and wit. While Delhi gang rape highlights poor governance, societal problems and problems of law and order, venting out on a forum that accumulates the frustration by many such people only adds to the low well-being. It is time we use some discretion and post messages that...

Twitter vs. News - Effectiveness in building relations

Social Media has been termed as an effective way to build relationships. Brands are trying to harness this capability by building social presence on this new media. Celebrities today account for the maximum amount of followers on the web with twitter being a fine example for this. But is this new media effective in creating relationships with this vast list of followers, which celebrities often tend to have? In an interesting research by Lee and Jang , they explore the effectiveness of celebrities in building social presence on new media. They compare twitter and a news website to check the relative effectiveness of enhancing social presence. While the traditional PR machinery used by celebrities might give them news coverage, they contend that their tweets can reduce the barrier of relational development as compared to a news website. Their findings are counter-intuitive and very interesting.