Skip to main content

Awards and ego

A gift by Wanderer. 
I humbly and proudly accept the versatile blogger award from wanderer. (All smiles) I did not expect this piece of cake and now since I've got it, let me throw some piece of shit. I'd like to thank my mentor, my internet service provider, google and blogger guys, indiblogger.in and bla bla bla...
Now this is something we normally see at those award functions by big-big celebs. As the celebs get bigger and reach life time achievement awards, their thank you speeches get shorter and precise. Now if I were that big celeb getting the biggest honour of my life, whom should I thank. God, Me,My wife and ... (I'd say nobody else). So when I am standing on the podium giving the speech
Me: Thank you all (In all my humility)
(Things going around in my brain)TGAIMB : Thank you me, my stars. Who gives a fuak about anybody else.
Now I've been asked to follow the rules before I can accept this award. 
Rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
TGAIMB: Oh! Thank you very much. I knew I deserved it. Huh!
- Share 7 things about yourself.
You can find 7+ things about me in the about me section. :p
- Pass the award to 15 bloggers who you've recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. 
You can check out the people I am following on my Google Profile (present count:54). More than 50% of them are bloggers. I'll pass it on. Don't forget to login with your google account. If you don't have one, you don't deserve to know the people I follow. (Also to all my blog followers at indiblogger)
TGAIMB: I have finally snatched this award. I have toiled hard, given it my blood and sweat. Phew! What ay win. Get me some beer.Cheers!!!

PS: This is something that may go in the mind of an egotist with ref to awards. I am just a small blogger :-|
Thanks wanderer. Love you! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking on Mobile - The Big opportunity for marketers

Facebook has been the dominant social network for quite a while and has an active user base of more than 1.3 billion. Its proliferation in the 18-35 years of age group (52%) makes it ideal for most advertisers. An interesting statistic to observe is the number of people accessing Facebook through Mobile. One of the biggest shifts in social media behavior has been its greater usage through mobile devices (in particular smartphones).  According to a report , the internet traffic on mobile accounts for one forth the total internet traffic. Even more important is its growth, which is over 1.5 times per year and according to analysts would stay the same way in the years to come. This shift is even more significant for emerging economies where in a sector such as e-commerce organizations are witnessing close to 65% sales through mobile.

How do brands use Instagram to connect with fans?

Instagram is increasingly becoming a favorite platforms for Brands globally to engage with their customers. It's importance can be gauged by the fact that it is the world's largest mobile ad network. Instagram now has a community of over 500 million users liking over 4.2 billion photos and sharing over 95 million pictures daily. The format of Instagram makes it a great medium for visual story telling.

Your Customer - Another line in a database

Email marketing can be the trickiest thing in the online marketing jigsaw. Most promotional emails end up as being marked as read or spam. No one cares! Well because most of the time, the ones sending it through a database also don't care.