Skip to main content

Awards and ego

A gift by Wanderer. 
I humbly and proudly accept the versatile blogger award from wanderer. (All smiles) I did not expect this piece of cake and now since I've got it, let me throw some piece of shit. I'd like to thank my mentor, my internet service provider, google and blogger guys, indiblogger.in and bla bla bla...
Now this is something we normally see at those award functions by big-big celebs. As the celebs get bigger and reach life time achievement awards, their thank you speeches get shorter and precise. Now if I were that big celeb getting the biggest honour of my life, whom should I thank. God, Me,My wife and ... (I'd say nobody else). So when I am standing on the podium giving the speech
Me: Thank you all (In all my humility)
(Things going around in my brain)TGAIMB : Thank you me, my stars. Who gives a fuak about anybody else.
Now I've been asked to follow the rules before I can accept this award. 
Rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
TGAIMB: Oh! Thank you very much. I knew I deserved it. Huh!
- Share 7 things about yourself.
You can find 7+ things about me in the about me section. :p
- Pass the award to 15 bloggers who you've recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. 
You can check out the people I am following on my Google Profile (present count:54). More than 50% of them are bloggers. I'll pass it on. Don't forget to login with your google account. If you don't have one, you don't deserve to know the people I follow. (Also to all my blog followers at indiblogger)
TGAIMB: I have finally snatched this award. I have toiled hard, given it my blood and sweat. Phew! What ay win. Get me some beer.Cheers!!!

PS: This is something that may go in the mind of an egotist with ref to awards. I am just a small blogger :-|
Thanks wanderer. Love you! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Giving the finger to a scripted life!

It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age. ~ Warren Buffet. You have plans for your life, career etc. You've built an entire script but what is this based on? Scott at Ted talks about how almost 80% of the people around the world don't like the job they do. In his career, he found one day that most of the job he did was automated by his competitors. Building the resume was clearly not way forward. It was during that time he he heard the quote by warren buffet, " It's crazy to take jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age ". This was when he left his job. While there are know universities, which talk about finding your passion, Scott talks about a lens that can help in finding the job we love.

Twitter and the world of hate - Delhi Gang Rape

Common wisdom says that venting out reduces frustration. Twitter, Facebook, and blogs help us achieve the same. While what normally starts as a "venting out" experience, I suspect is turning out to be an anguish enhancer. When I look at trending topics on twitter all what I see is a world of "Hate". Small pieces of hate messages turn out to be a big collective bunch of hate. Take the case of Delhi gang rape and some ill-minded comments of politicians and spiritual gurus. What started as scattered bickering remarks against a comment made by "Asaram" has now become a full fledged ball of rage. This rage was "non-directional", had no agenda and was oriented towards sarcasm and wit. While Delhi gang rape highlights poor governance, societal problems and problems of law and order, venting out on a forum that accumulates the frustration by many such people only adds to the low well-being. It is time we use some discretion and post messages that...

Twitter vs. News - Effectiveness in building relations

Social Media has been termed as an effective way to build relationships. Brands are trying to harness this capability by building social presence on this new media. Celebrities today account for the maximum amount of followers on the web with twitter being a fine example for this. But is this new media effective in creating relationships with this vast list of followers, which celebrities often tend to have? In an interesting research by Lee and Jang , they explore the effectiveness of celebrities in building social presence on new media. They compare twitter and a news website to check the relative effectiveness of enhancing social presence. While the traditional PR machinery used by celebrities might give them news coverage, they contend that their tweets can reduce the barrier of relational development as compared to a news website. Their findings are counter-intuitive and very interesting.