Skip to main content

Infibeam.com - NEVER use it!

It was 11th April and I was very happy to order "The Great Gatsby", a classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald on Infibeam.com. I was even more happy to get a good deal on it. Although while ordering they said that although the book was in stock it would be delivered a fortnight later. It was despite the fact that the delivery was to happen in Delhi and not a remote town in India. Anyways the price conscious consumer in me was very happy.
They Day I Ordered


Then Infibeam did a disappearing act till 24th. Till 23rd April I received no news about the book from Infibeam. Instead I got emails of promotional offers. I am also not sure as to where all have they sold my contact details.
On 24th they came back with the news about the book. "We regret to inform you that the expected shipping date for the item(s) listed below has changed." In short we will deliver your book by 27th.

The day after they were supposed to deliver

Although I was annoyed, the happiness over the fact that I would read it three days later drowned the annoyance over their mismanagement.
And then came 27th of April. Infibeam.com send me this message "Thank you for being our customer. We regret to inform you that your item(s) with order ID : 10565339 have been canceled due to stock issue."

And finally after waiting for 16 days, I was told...

In short I lost 16 days. I did not get my book and their site was a total failure. It is more than the time I would've taken to read a 120 odd page book.


This is not the first time they have messed up their service. Earlier they have often delayed the delivery, but the delivery did happen. Now they went a step ahead and said that delivery was not possible.

I guess their tag line, "Shop with a smile" is a good indicator of what you can expect. Smiling would be important to curb the anger and frustration from a pathetic service.

This is the last time I am buying through Infibeam. I wouldn't recommend you to use such an unreliable service either.

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking on Mobile - The Big opportunity for marketers

Facebook has been the dominant social network for quite a while and has an active user base of more than 1.3 billion. Its proliferation in the 18-35 years of age group (52%) makes it ideal for most advertisers. An interesting statistic to observe is the number of people accessing Facebook through Mobile. One of the biggest shifts in social media behavior has been its greater usage through mobile devices (in particular smartphones).  According to a report , the internet traffic on mobile accounts for one forth the total internet traffic. Even more important is its growth, which is over 1.5 times per year and according to analysts would stay the same way in the years to come. This shift is even more significant for emerging economies where in a sector such as e-commerce organizations are witnessing close to 65% sales through mobile.

How do brands use Instagram to connect with fans?

Instagram is increasingly becoming a favorite platforms for Brands globally to engage with their customers. It's importance can be gauged by the fact that it is the world's largest mobile ad network. Instagram now has a community of over 500 million users liking over 4.2 billion photos and sharing over 95 million pictures daily. The format of Instagram makes it a great medium for visual story telling.

Your Customer - Another line in a database

Email marketing can be the trickiest thing in the online marketing jigsaw. Most promotional emails end up as being marked as read or spam. No one cares! Well because most of the time, the ones sending it through a database also don't care.