Skip to main content

Look into my eyes, Would I lie to you baby?

Music is a big inspiration for me. 'Look into my eyes, can't you see they're open wide, would I lie to you baby?' are lines from a popular song by Charles and Eddie.
This is one of my pet dialogues when I am honest and the other person I know wouldn't believe me. Eyes are an index of the heart. A popular quote by Sigmund Freud says,
'He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.'
I said this once to my girlfriend who thought I was going around with another female when I was actually not (and that's true. Although right now I'm single ;-). My eyes clearly conveyed the message and I knew that. My friend guilty of going around with two females at once tried this and failed. He ended up calling her a "mentally senile pretentious b^$@h". I felt she was the perfect female for him to stay on for life and he too repented later.
Now you may say that this boastful author (me) wants to make a hero of himself on his little blog.
I humbly accept. :-|
The case is about honest eyes and the question is that 'Is your business honest at heart or are you cheating your customer ?'
It won't be long before you end up being caught through your eyes like my poor friend. The results could be worse in B2B kind of businesses. If you are true, market that through your eyes i.e.your sales/business representatives otherwise your scared customer will retaliate (Which you obviously don't want).

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking on Mobile - The Big opportunity for marketers

Facebook has been the dominant social network for quite a while and has an active user base of more than 1.3 billion. Its proliferation in the 18-35 years of age group (52%) makes it ideal for most advertisers. An interesting statistic to observe is the number of people accessing Facebook through Mobile. One of the biggest shifts in social media behavior has been its greater usage through mobile devices (in particular smartphones).  According to a report , the internet traffic on mobile accounts for one forth the total internet traffic. Even more important is its growth, which is over 1.5 times per year and according to analysts would stay the same way in the years to come. This shift is even more significant for emerging economies where in a sector such as e-commerce organizations are witnessing close to 65% sales through mobile.

How do brands use Instagram to connect with fans?

Instagram is increasingly becoming a favorite platforms for Brands globally to engage with their customers. It's importance can be gauged by the fact that it is the world's largest mobile ad network. Instagram now has a community of over 500 million users liking over 4.2 billion photos and sharing over 95 million pictures daily. The format of Instagram makes it a great medium for visual story telling.

Your Customer - Another line in a database

Email marketing can be the trickiest thing in the online marketing jigsaw. Most promotional emails end up as being marked as read or spam. No one cares! Well because most of the time, the ones sending it through a database also don't care.